Games Above Board
The design and publishing of simple but twisted fun, abstract strategy board, dice and competitive solitaire card and coaster games.
Games Above Board
… 2-player abstract strategy board game of observation, tactics, placement and points accumulation.
A nautical game based on ancient mariner history, seafaring lore and
The object is to out-navigate the opposition to achieve victory.
Three ways to score on the compass rose game board and a twist in the
tail to turn the tide and rule the waves.
Taking turns, nuggets are placed, one at a time, building and/or
blocking rhumb line
combinations: 4 same-colour nuggets in a
radius is 10 points, an arc 20
points and a spiral 30 points. More than one combination may be scored at a time.
Toward the end and to avoid a foregone conclusion, players remove any
one of their
nuggets (once only) and, on their next turn, place it elsewhere on the board.
Players keep score on their end of the board throughout the game and,
when the board is full, the player with the most points is the winner.
The game was designed for travel (on board a sailboat) with a flexible
(8.5” x 10.75”) board with the nuggets in their own
It is fun, fast and, as no two games are alike.
Rhumb Line II™
• 50-page note pad and 2 pens ... ideal for travel.
$8.00 + $2.00 S&H ... Google Wallet / PayPal : email@example.com
The Nautical Game of Navigation is based on
ancient mariner history and seafaring pastimes.
As simple to play as Tic-Tac-Toe, but with 3 ways
to score on the compass rose game board.
• published by Channel Craft - USA
The shortest distance between two points on a plane surface is a straight line. However, and first discussed by the Portuguese mathematician Pedro Nunes in 1537 yet derived from Old French: 'rumb', a line that appears straight on a Mercator projection map crossing all meridians of longitude at a constant angle, traces
spiral paths across a globe is known as a ... rhumb line.
• $16.00 + $4.00 S&H ... Google Wallet / PayPal : gamesaboveboard @ gmail.com
• Components: game board, 20 blue and 20 yellow nuggets + pouch + rules
• For 2 players age 8+ / approx. 20 minutes
• Games Above Board designed & published + published by Channel Craft - USA
• Major Fun Award ~ 2008
• Rhumb Line™ iPhone / iPod Touch App. @ iTunes ~ $0.99 ~ published by iShoot developer Ethan Nicholas at Naughty Bits Software - USA
on sale for £5.55